Release date: Friday 24th April 2020
The first release on the new Vector Space Recordings imprint comes from label head Chris Salt. Set up in 2020, the label will showcase exciting new talent from around the world and across different genres (including techno, tech house and breakbeat) – with other new artists already signed up.
First up is the 4am Mix of Vector Space. Written fresh from a massive night out at Fabric, the 4am mix is designed for peak-time sets. A catchy synth hook, counterpoint melodies from a Far Eastern sounding synth and the sub-bass synth borrowed from Chris’ original breakthrough hit, Dub Sonar, this track features elements of light and dark, with emotive analogue vibes from his Korg Minilogue.
Next up is the Original Mix of Vector Space – an uplifting, percussive melodic techno track featuring some live acoustic guitar lines. The track features a classic 303 bassline and the same catchy synth hook.
Early support from Solomun, Richie Blacker, Kiz Pattison, Luigi Madonna, Lonya, Chris Fortier and Kadosh:
- Richie Blacker (Last Night On Earth, GU) – 5/5 – “Nice EP” [Original Mix]
- Lonya (Selador, Asymmetric) – 4/5 – “Good stuff” [Original Mix]
- Luigi Madonna (Drumcode) – 4/5 – “Great! Thanks for the music” [4am Mix]
- Kiz Pattison (Renaissance, M_NUS) – 4/5 – “Original for me… great way to open the label account”. [Original Mix]
- Solomun (GU, Diynamic) – 3/5 – “Thanks!” [Original Mix]
- Mike Griego (Sudbeat, Balance, GU) – 4/5 – “Nice stuff” [Original Mix]
- Chris Fortier (Fade, Selador, Bedrock) – 3/5 – “Sounds good” [Original Mix]