We Are Machine magazine caught up with Chris for an interview covering his early tracks, getting signed, studio geekery, the progressive scene’s evolution and what he’s up to now with Vector Space Recordings.
Just setting up a little launch party for my new record label – Vector Space Recordings – hope you can join me! I’ll be doing a DJ set live-stream on Twitch on Saturday 25th April at 3pm (UK time) 🙂🎧. Link: twitch.tv/chris__salt
Welcome to episode 005 of my Vector Space Podcast, featuring melodic techno, tech house and progressive tracks, including massive releases from Collective States, Stephen Knight and Paul Hawcroft. I also talk about my new record label, Vector Space Recordings, and how to submit demos. Bookings: mgmt @ vector-space.net. Website: www.chrissalt.com. Record label: www.vectorspacerecordings.com
00. Chris Salt – Intro
01. Marchesan – Stone [3xA]
02. PRAANA x LEVV – I Am [Colorize]
03. Stephen Knight – Hydra [High Tide Recordings]
04. G-Man – Redemption (Strobe Mixdown) [Tan Ta Ra]
05. Collective States – Stripe [Do Not Sleep]
06. Emanuel Satie – Tokyo ASMR [Crosstown Rebels]
07. Paul Hawcroft – Midnight Blues [Lost Language]
08. ID – ID (Frank Sonic Remix) [TBC]
09. Stan Kolev – Phases (Morttagua Remix) [FSOE UV]
10. Dizharmonia – Cherouveim [Timeless Moment]
11. Collective States – Gozer (Serge Santiago Remix) [Do Not Sleep]
12. Andy Largo – Beta (Original Mix) [Bubblejam Records]
My January 2020 Podcast has now been accepted onto Apple Podcasts and Spotify Podcasts, in addition to the usual Mixcloud and Soundcloud locations. Follow the links below to check it out – and subscribe to receive the latest episodes when they’re online.
The podcast features melodic techno, tech house and some harder techno, including the instrumental version of my Jan Johnston – Flesh remix and massive tracks from Collective States, Sunscreem, Deeparture, Ae:ther and Aron SC.I also talk about what I’ve been up to in the studio, my new record label, Vector Space Recordings, and how to submit demos, my new vlog on YouTube and some gigs.
Happy Christmas everyone! 🎄I’m setting up a new vlog series – just recorded my first episode. It’s a retrospective of 2019, how I got into the scene, what’s lined up in 2020, my new record label, why I took a (long!) break, and a few shout outs 😊
Let me know what you think, and subscribe if you want to hear about the next vlogs in the series. Link: ➡️youtu.be/Hn4W551t01I
Throwback to my artist album on Silver Planet – ‘No Surrender’ turned 10 years old on 20th October 2019!
It took the best part of four years to finish the album (with lots of stop and starts), but it was all worth it to read fab feedback from Nick Warren and Hybrid, and 4/5 in DMC Update 🙂
The album included my old singles ‘Dub Sonar’ and ‘Atmospheric Graffiti’, my newer singles, ‘Ik Ben Terug’, (a techno track, the title of which is Dutch for ‘I’m back’) and ‘Endgame’ (with a remix from Tyrrell – supported by a certain Mr Zabiela!). ‘Stronghold’ was a rave-laced breakbeat track, and ‘No Surrender’ was a big-beat rocky track featuring my electric guitar – still getting regular TV and film inclusion over in Poland (thanks PRS). ‘Depth Charge’ was trip-hop, with more guitars again.
Nick Warren feedback (2009): “Thanks for the tracks – wicked. I like them all”
Hybrid feedback (2009): “Proper groove on Ik Ben Terug, very nice indeed! Wicked. Stronghold is a monster, acid techno breakfast!”
Ten years later, I’m back writing music again and I’ve just set up my own record label. Can’t wait to get more music out there! Thanks everyone.
Here’s my August 2019 Podcast DJ mix for you to check out – techno, tech house and some bass/breaks. My new Jan Johnston remix is up there along with tracks from Raxon, Radio Slave, Tilt, Maceo Plex and Max Foley. Enjoy 🙂 Tracklisting below. Available on Soundcloud and Mixcloud. Bookings: info at chrissalt.com.
01. Mark Youssef & Novikoff – Propagules (Original Mix) [Tactal Hots]
02. Stephen Knight – Subverted [High Tide Recordings]
03. Alex Dimou – What Keeps You There (Avidus Remix) [Crosstown Rebels]
04. Jan Johnston – Flesh (Chris Salt Remix) [Solar Storm]
05. Shiraz – Rain (TILT’s Monsoon Remix) [Pussyfoot Records]
06. Sofian Rouge – Ancient Sun (Noel Sanger Remix) [Dissident]
07. Cherry (UA) – Come To Me [Timeless Moment]
08. DJ Nightnoise – Broken Feelings [Urban Chaos]
09. Laurent Garnier, Chambray – Feelin’ Good (Radio Slave Revenge Remix) [Rekids]
10. Paul Sawyer & Sunscreem – Perfect Motion [Limited Music]
11. DJ Nightnoise – November Rain [Urban Chaos]
12. Luke Brancaccio & Steve Parry feat. Kiki Cave – Control Machine (Original Mix) [Selador]
13. Maceo Plex – Lonely Tribe (Original Mix) [Afterlife Records]
14. Pig & Dan – Promised (Raxon Remix) [Truesoul]
15. 2 Reels – Pass It Down (Brent Lawson’s Remix) [Salt Records]
16. Acumen & Monastetiq – Indie (Simon Doty Remix) [Last Night On Earth]
17. Max Foley – Nerium Oleander [Botanica Records]
(C) & (P) All Respective Artists and Labels 2019 All Rights Reserved
Finally able to announce my new remix: Jan Johnston – Flesh! Amazing to get the chance to remix such a huge classic. Out on 2nd August on Solar Storm. Can’t wait to share it with you on my next podcast! #techno#house#remix#chrissalt
Here’s my new DJ mix for you to check out – techno and tech house. Enjoy 🙂 Spent a few hours digging through the promos. Includes tracks from Collective States, Denney and Ejeca. Currently 60th in Mixcloud’s global Deep Tech House chart. Up on Soundcloud and Mixcloud: band.link/csfeb2019
01. QDream – Akropolis [3xA Music]
02. The Sirius – Driving On The Moon [3xA Music]
03. Jerome Steam – New Space (Hrederik Remix) [Figura Music]
04. Ejeca – Crystal Maze (Original) [Four Thirty Two]
05. Collective States – Yandu [High Tide Recordings]
06. Inceptions & Nitrous – From Karlin 2 Vrsovice (Original) [Moving Pictures]
07. Denney – Genena (OC & Verde) [GU Music]
08. Phobetor – There Was A Time (DJ Nightnoise Remix) [Urban Chaos Records]
09. Volk – Sirio [3xA Music]
10. Artbat – Upperground (Original) [Diynamic]
11. Robert Stahl – Under Pressure (Original) [Black Vision]
12. Port Manteau – Arcade (Original) [10 Steps North]
13. 2 Reels – Whistle In The Wind (Brent Lawson’s Remix) [Salt Records]
14. Yves Deruyter – 35 (Extended Mix) [BAM]
(C) & (P) All Respective Artists and Labels 2019 All Rights Reserved
New remix incoming! Chris is on remix duties for Ariscan’s new track, Amberfall, which is out on Friday 25th January on Lost Language. Ariscan’s original mix was featured on Andy Moor’s mix on the In Search Of Sunrise 14 compilation.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.